What do your kids really want for the holidays? My 5-year-old is asking Santa for a real makeup set. A makeup set! It's such a funny answer I had to ask our friends' kids what they're hoping for.
Here are their answers, from youngest to oldest:
1. "A baby girl sister" – Cooper, 2
I love how sweet this is and wonder what Santa will bring.
2. "A snowman and a rocket" – Benjamin, 2
If Santa can bring a snowman and a rocket, can I ask for a personal chef?
3. "Cookies and chocolate. Lots and lots and lots of chocolate! I love chocolate!" – Emily, 3
Three might be my favorite age for Christmas. Chocolate seems like the perfect gift.
4. "Christmas lights and new games" –Quinn, 4
I wish Santa could bring someone to hang the Christmas lights because it seems to take a little longer every year we get older.
5. "I want Pomsies, Pomsies, Pomsies!" –Kate, 4
Pomsies are one of the hottest toys of 2018 and many kids will be asking for them. We received this answer multiple times.
6. "Pomsies and a real live lizard." –Griffin, 5
Another vote for Pomsies! I hope they live up to the hype. Good luck with the lizard, kid.
7. "Harry Potter Legos. Star Wars Legos. Many other Legos" –Mac, 5
We all love Lego. I fully support Mac's Christmas list.
8. "Hand sanitizer" –Sally, 5
At first I chuckled at this one, but then I remembered how awesome those new hand sanitizer containers are.
9. "Another Wii controller" –Jake, 5
As a younger sibling who never got to hold the game controller, I love that Jake is asking for another one. He probably wants his own so an older sibling doesn’t hog the other one all the time.
10. "A cell phone. But I should probably focus on things they'lll actually get me. So a gummy jewelry kit, a spy kit, and a secret journal – the MC2 stuff." –Noelle, 7
I have so many questions. Does Noelle not believe in Santa? What is a gummy jewelry kit anyway?
11. "Everything at Justice." –Emerson, 7
As a mom to girls, I relate to this one. The allure of Justice is insane.
12. "I want every Beanie Boo in the world. I know Santa has an Amazon Prime account." –Ava, 9
This is so funny because it's true. You know Santa uses Amazon Prime!
13. "Legos. Legos. Legos." –Ben, 6 and Ethan, 9
After all, they do say Lego is great for ages 3 to 99.
14. "Three less siblings." –Raquelle, 12
Ah, Raquelle. Your Christmas dreams will go unfulfilled.
15. "I really want a cell phone, an Australian Shepherd puppy, and a couple gallons of glue to make slime." –Ellery, 12
A girl can dream, right?
We keep Christmas very humble in our household, but we do like to fulfill one ridiculous wish for each child. While my 5-year-old won’t be getting the real makeup set she’s asking for, we are going to see if Santa can find her a kids’ one.
What do your kids really want this year?
Opinions expressed by parent contributors are their own.