We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Yeditepe University Hospital Cardiovascular Surgery Specialist Asst. Assoc. Dr. Mehmet Ümit Ergenoğlu, pointed out that the increase in varicose veins during pregnancy, "In this period can be prevented the increase of varicose veins," he says.
Why varicose veins are more common in pregnant women?
Although varicose veins do not create a serious and life-threatening situation, they are at the forefront of situations that negatively affect daily life and quality of life in almost every period of life. According to scientific studies, it can be said that varicose veins are more common in women who are pregnant or who have given birth and who have not given birth. Similarly, it was observed that those who did not have heirs in the pre-pregnancy period had an increase in varicose complaints during and after pregnancy. The incidence of varicose veins in pregnant women is higher than the normal population. In Western societies, the average incidence among pregnant women is around 40%.
How does varicose veins develop during pregnancy?
In pregnancy, varicose veins develop in 3 different ways.
1) As a result of the expanding effects of hormones (especially progesterone) on vascular smooth muscles
2) The pressure of the mother's uterus on the veins coming from the leg and the negative effect of the pressure increase resulting from this pressure on the veins, especially in the last period of pregnancy.
3) Collection of increased blood volume in the legs during pregnancy
In which period of pregnancy do varices increase?
Varicose veins that occur during pregnancy are more common in the left leg due to the characteristics of the body anatomy. In pregnant women, the most severe period of varicose veins is between 37-40 weeks of pregnancy. In the 6-week post-pregnancy period, almost all varicose veins return to pre-pregnancy size.
What are the symptoms of varicose veins during pregnancy?
Although there are usually not many complaints from varicose veins; leg cramps, itching around varicose veins or the most common burning sensation. Complaints gradually increase in the late stages of pregnancy, especially in those who stand for a long time.
Are varicose veins and spider webs during pregnancy permanent?
Approximately 85% of varicose veins during pregnancy disappear within 3 months of pregnancy. Approximately 15% is permanent.
Do you recommend varicose veins during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it is recommended to treat only is varicose veins for pregnant women nedeniyle because of the potential to harm the mother and the baby. Other treatments, especially medication or sclerotherapy, should not be used during pregnancy and lactation as they are high-risk for therapeutic purposes. However, in some studies after the first 3 months, it is stated that oral medication may be allowed.
In pregnancy, varicose veins are usually not performed. However, surgical procedures can be performed in very enlarged, painful and bleeding candidate vessels. Varicose veins during pregnancy; both gynecologists and cardiovascular surgeons should be closely monitored, and possible precautions should be taken early in case of undesirable conditions.
To prevent or prevent varices during pregnancy, the following can be done:
- Should be moved ... Especially regular morning and evening walks, swimming, cycling, such as leg calf muscles actively used in sports to reduce the development of varicose veins during pregnancy.
- Excess weight before pregnancy and during pregnancy should not be taken.
- Sitting for a long time and standing steady should be avoided.
- Cold water shower; While the application of cold water is a factor that facilitates the shrinkage of the veins and the return of blood to the heart, the hot water bath or the bath / sauna is a dilator in the opposite direction.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing… Eliminate tight and venous circulation (belts or tight socks).
- High-heeled shoes should not be worn. Heel height negatively affects calf muscle pump function.
- It is recommended to use özel special stockings for pregnant women el in order to provide external mechanical support to the veins which tend to expand due to negative factors during pregnancy.
- Adjust the position of the hospital. Pregnant women should lie on the left side and support the back with a pillow from the back.
- Legs should be raised at every turn. It should be raised with a pillow, especially while resting or lying down.
- In the sitting position, the leg - should be thrown on the leg and should not be sitting cross-legged.
- Stop smoking; smoking has a negative effect on the vessel wall with the free radicals it creates and will form the ground for varicose veins.
- Reduce salt, water and edema.
In addition, enlarged, bleeding candidate varicose veins should be taken to protect against the necessary precautions.