We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For Science-Curious Children…
Aren't they curious to learn? They ask questions all the time, as you explain, they ask more questions and they never give up until you overwhelm sizi But isn't the basis of learning to be curious?
It is very important to know the importance of these questions and to guide children correctly in order to properly evaluate the curiosity of your children, especially in laying the foundation for the training of scientists, so we should behave with the right messages to them and help them reach the right answers without delaying their questions. So how?
What can you do?
• You can make nature trips with children and visit museums.
• Watch animated movies or documentaries on the subject.
• You can benefit from computer games developed on different topics.
• You can make experiments with your children on different topics by using science books prepared for children and discuss the results of these experiments. You can also use colorful, illuminated and audible stimuli in your experiments, so that your child can have fun during the experiment and learn more thoroughly with different experiences, remember!
• Do not pass on or answer the questions that children ask. Instead, look for answers that you do not know with your child and try to find the right answer. So you will not only give your child a message about the importance of the research, but also show them that there is something that not everyone - even parents, even teachers - knows.
• You can photograph or film your experiments so that your child can review them later and have the chance to spot them. He can also share this activity with others and enjoy the rightful pride of this work.
Did you get the “Curious Tiny” magazine?
Curious Minik is a monthly magazine that was published by Tübitak in 2007 and aimed at preschool children. It is possible to find various information about animals, plants, nature and the earth, as well as various activities that support the learning of this information. In the first issue published in January, the purpose of the journal was explained as follows;
Mı Don't parents and teachers try to trigger children's innate curiosity, show them the beautiful, rich and surprising aspects of life and prepare them for life? Adopting them as a principle, Curious Minik magazine is an opportunity for parents to have a good time with their children and a resource for teachers. Children are fascinated by their curiosity and rich dream worlds as well as finding ingenious solutions to problems. For them, there is no single solution to a puzzle. For this reason, it is important for adults to allow children who are stepping into the future to find their own way. Children's thinking skills are only in this way; curiosity, asking questions, exploring, discovering and finding. There are many activities in our magazine. In short, it can be said that the aim of “Curious Little” is to guide children in the scientific world. ”
If you still haven't bought “Curious Tiny” magazine for your child, hurry up, you still have the chance to reach the first issue of the magazine on these last days of the month! You can also access the new issues of the magazine from the dealers on the first day of each month.
-Preschool Science Education, Asst. Assoc. Hacer Erar. Çoluk Children's Journal, February 2004.
-Meraklı Minik Magazine, Tubitak, January 2007.
More professionals named İdil Ak