We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Mı Should or should not be applied geometry applications in kindergarten? ”The answer to this question is a topic that has been discussed for many years by experts interested in early childhood education and has created different ideas. Some of the experts argue that it is unnecessary to make geometry applications with the children during the kindergarten period, while the majority draw attention to the necessity of these applications and state that when they are done, children experience quite a lot of moments about geometry in their normal education processes.
According to experts, this age should be done for children quite simplified and reduced to a concrete level. Children should be taught different geometric shapes with various games and activities, and should make them recognize geometric shapes. “My child knows geometric shapes, olabilir you might say, yes, sometimes you can learn these concepts without hearing from you, but most of the time there is a mistake that parents and educators have learned that the child may not have learned the concept, only memorized his name. So you have to make sure that your child really knows the concept, you can do different activities to learn it. Here are some suggestions sizi
What can you do?
• Focus on the known features of the shapes, giving examples of child's attention about edges and corners.
• Try to give unknown or infrequent samples other than known samples. For example, show your child that the sail is triangular and that the remote control is rectangular.
• Create different geometric shapes using clay, clay or packaging rubber.
• Read books on shapes to children.
• Let children create shapes on the ground using their bodies.
• You can create cards called shape bombs that display a type of shapes.
• Have children search and find shapes in the house.
• You can create sponges of different shapes, then you can print sponge with these sponges.
• You can ask children to classify objects with different geometric shapes.
• You can create shapes using music by singing about shapes and discussing the shapes of rhythm instruments.
• You can ask your child to find the same shape you hold in your hand from inside the bag.
Source: Res. See. Durmus Aslan, Geometry Teaching in Kindergarten, Çoluk Children's Journal, 2003.
Contact Idil directly